Seeing Uganda's next generation come to know, love and radiate the Glory of God
There are over 27 million children and youth in Uganda, with 69% of the population under 24 years of age.This presents both an amazing need and an amazing opportunity to impact Uganda with the love of Jesus Christ. The churches in Uganda have large numbers of children to care for, love, and raise up for the glory of God. We seek to come alongside local churches in Uganda's most impoverished areas.
The Primary Way We Carry Out Our Mission is Through our
One Life Club Projects
1. To see Uganda’s next generation come to know, love and radiate the Glory of God as they are personally impacted through the life-changing power of God and His Word, the Bible
2. To establish and facilitate Bible clubs in Uganda’s poorest areas, by training and discipling local believers in partnership with national churches as God leads, provides, and sustains.
3. To help vulnerable children and youth by providing them the opportunity to earn the basic supplies they need to thrive and stay in school. At the heart of our program is the opportunity for children and youth to memorize Bible verses in exchange for points they can redeem to get the things they need to stay in school. These include things like paper, pens, solar lamps, soap, and more!
4. To motivate children and youth to read, memorize, and hide God’s Word in their hearts, establishing a strong foundation for their lives. Children participate in regular Bible clubs that are designed to explain the meaning of the verses they are memorizing.
5. To provide a loving community of friendship and camaraderie among people of all ages, tribes, and languages as they center around their common bond as children of their Father God and learn to love and live according to His Word, the Bible.
Each local church partner provides capable and willing volunteers who desire to learn more about children's ministry and who desire to serve their communities by loving and investing in the children of their area.
Our key values
We believe that children and youth are highly valued by God because they are made in His Image. Although they often undervalued, they are our future leaders. Most importantly children are worshippers for God's kingdom and will bring Him great glory!
We believe the way in which we carry out our projects as youth workers affects the way our message ultimately impacts those we are sharing with. Many children have never experienced the gentle and genuine love of Christ, nor the lasting hope and joy He brings. We desire that both our message and the life of our staff will exemplify and glorify Christ.
We believe in the life and heart transforming power of Jesus & His Spirit, and believe that while we may assist in meeting physical needs, all individual's truest needs can be met only in the person and work of Christ. God carries out His work through His Word, the Bible, and the working of His Spirit. He doesn't need us, but it is a blessing and great joy to work alongside what He is doing. Our activities will always revolve around sharing the gospel and God's Word.
We believe in local churches and Pastors who lead as Servants and Shepherds of their communities for the glory of God. We desire to partner with and come alongside groups of local believers in the areas we serve when setting up One Life Clubs.
We believe that no single organization has the monopoly on materials, content, or methods. We know that God has given each member of the body of Christ unique gifts and resources. As such, we try not to “reinvent the wheel” whenever possible. Partnering and utilizing the most effective and needed materials, methods, and resources of other organizations. Some of these include: Children Desiring God (Truth 78), New Growth Press, Bethlehem Baptist Church, The Masters University, Shepherding the Heart Ministries, Grace Community Church Sun Valley, Redeemer Presbyterian, and ACBC.
We do not seek to build up our own organization, but rather the glory of God and the nurturing of His people and kingdom through coming alongside local churches. We are a non-profit, Christ-focused, Jesus-loving organization founded by a Canadian missionary.
Onelife clubs are not in affiliation with any one particular denomination, as we seek to come alongside all churches in local areas who hold to the Bible as God's complete, infallible and inherent Word; and believe that salvation is not dependent on the work of man, but rather the complete and finished work of God's Son, Jesus Christ.
To view our full statement of faith click here